CETMA is a Research and Technology Organization has developed competences in three disciplinary groups (Materials Engineering, Information Technology, Industrial Design). The main thematic priorities of research are the following:
• Materials and proce
What we offer:
The qualified competences of its human capital, built by means of constant and relevant investments in independent research activities, allows to offer technical and scientific consulting addressed to Large, Small and Medium Enterprises, starting processes of technological transfers. The know-how, that is generated within the Consortium Laboratories, is exploited offering:
• Contract research activity for third parties (design, management and execution of applied and technological research activities for its clients);
• Advanced innovation services (process development, testing and physico-meccanical characterization on advanced materials and components, FEM analysis, sw development for enterprises, design, prototypes and pre-series production, product design and development, training.
What we are looking for:
Cetma are looking for companies, industries or organisation interested in
- Recycled polymeric aggregates for lightened insulating concrete: Cetma registered a European patent for the realization of a foamed recycled polymeric material from the scrap of the selection of plastics from urban waste. The application of such material, as well as of waste tyres and WEEE, as aggregate for lightened insulating concrete is being investigated.
-Thermograph non-destructive analysis for the assessment of buildings thermal behaviour: detection of heat losses and moisture infiltration, evaluation of thermal internal comfort through analysis of the temperature distribution.
-Structural health monitoring and patching by means of innovative devices based on the combination of optic fiber sensors and FRP (fiber-reinforced polymer) materials. The proposed technology consists of a smart composite patch (or rebar), in which an optical sensor (of point or distributed kind) is pre-packaged in a composite plate (or rebar), that can be easily mounted on (or inside) the structure to be monitored. This solution allows, at the same time, the reinforcing/patching of the existing structure and the real-time remote monitoring of the strain status.
- Computational Fluid-Dynamic (CFD) and thermal analysis for study, design and optimization of the energy behaviour of the building and of the thermal internal comfort: evaluation of the impact of several design and external variables on the energy efficiency and on internal comfort of occupants.
- Immersive Virtual Reality: Cetma owns one of the most powerful Virtual Reality Centre in Italy, provided with multiwall screen and 6 projectors for mono and passive stereo mode. The potential applications range from immersive design to demonstration and fruition of the new building solutions.
- Life-Cycle-Assessment (LCA) analyses for the classification of construction materials, devices and works on the basis of their actual environmental sustainability level.
- Sustainable building
- ] energy saving devices
- ] building structures
- ] modular & prefabricated buildings
- Building materials
- ] aggregates
- ] concrete
- ] recycled materials
- ] Others activities
- Technology & business cooperation
- Technical cooperation
- Engineering and construction services
- Joint venture
- Research Cooperation
- EU research projects
- National and regional research programmes
- Private research